Green neutrality. Apple announced the commitment to zero its carbon footprint by 2030.
21.07.2020 The company announced it has already achieved zero carbon emissions at its plants around the world. And now it is taking on new responsibilities to reduce its environmental impact. By 2030, which is 20 years earlier than recommended by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Apple is planning to reduce the company's total carbon footprint to zero. This means that all apple products – iPhone, iPad and MacBook – would have zero impact on the climate in 10 years.
Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, noted: “The innovations powering our environmental journey are not only good for the planet — they’ve helped us make our products more energy efficient and bring new sources of clean energy online around the world."
To achieve such an ambitious goal, Apple has prepared and published a climate roadmap that can be adopted by other companies.
The "electronics giant" plans to cut emissions by 75 percent over the next 10 years while developing innovative carbon removal solutions for the remaining 25 percent of its comprehensive footprint. In addition, Apple now has commitments from over 70 suppliers to use 100 percent renewable energy for Apple production.
It is noteworthy that back in 2018 Apple announced that all of its divisions, including stores and offices, are 100% powered by renewable energy sources.

Code in external DB source: 1468

Back to the list